Texlax Update

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hey Hairgineers,

August 3rd 2014 was my previous texlax update and i had planned that my next texlax was going to be on the 20th December 2015, unfortunately i was not be achieved this. 
At 16 weeks post telax (22nd November 2014) i installed crotchet braids as my protective style for the coming harmattan season, refer to this post for my details on crotchet braids.
Unfortunately few days after installation, i fell ill and was hospitalized for about a month and half. I had religiously followed my hair regimen before this, due to the hospitalization I could not follow my regimen and didn’t wash my hair till I was discharged.
At 22 weeks post texlax (3rd  January 2015), I  shampooed and did a protein conditioning and deep conditioning treatment as my undergrowth was wild and i knew i had to texlax upon removal of the braids.
I removed my braids at 26 weeks post texlax and texlaxed the following week.

DAY BEFORE THE TEXLAX

I gently parted my 27weeks post telax under growth and then applied Vaseline petroleum jelly to my scalp. I finger detangled my hair to further remove any shed hair before combing with my Mebco detangling comb. I sectioned my hair into four parts and applied Roux Porosity Control & Corrector Conditioner to my previously relaxed hair. I twisted and pinned each part and covered with my silk bonnet to bed.

TEXLAX DAY

I am still too scared to self texlax so I went to the salon for a professional touch up. The relaxer application and smoothen took exactly 17minutes and it was washed immediately.

Products used for Texlax
Products Used:
- Relaxer: ORS Lye Relaxer in Normal Strength.
-Conditioner: used Aphogee 2-min Reconstructor as my mid-relaxer protein
-Neutralizing Shampoo:  Motion Neutralizing Shampoo
-Deep Conditioner: Elasta QP-DPR Deep penetrating  moisture+ ORS Replenishing conditioner + Goya Olive oil + Coconut oil.
-Apple Rinse: Raven Apple Rinse for Black Hair.
-Heat Protector: Tressemme Heat Defense Styling Spray.
-Leave-in: S-curl Activator/Moisturizer.
-Sealant: Jamaica Black Castor Oil (not shown in picture).
-Relaxed End Protector: Roux Porosity Control & Corrector Conditioner


Texlax Result
The result came out very well though the right side was more processed than the left side, this I hope to correct at the next texlax.



Become my friend, would you try texlax?

Hairgineer Oyk.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I usually texlax. How did you manage 6 months of new growth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plaid my hair in loose braids and use wigs once i reach 3months post relaxer. This last time i had crotchet braids installed for 2months so that helped achieve the 6 months. I have decided to do a 4 months stretch this time and see how much length i will retain, cos sincerely 6months is a lotta work lolz.

      Delete

About blog

The purpose for establishing this blog is to provide highly practical tips, top quality tutorials and methods to achieve healthy hair.

Featured post

Crochet Braids---Healthy way for Braids Installation.

Happy New year Hairgineers, I will like to apologize for the long absence and lacks of blog posts uploads, this has been due to the fact t...